Run 4 Their Lives Race with Freedom 4/24
Run 4 Their Lives Races are Freedom 4/24 events that aim to raise awareness of sexual slavery and human trafficking across the country. This year’s run, in partnership with Straight Street’s newest initiative, Street Ransom, sought to raise awareness and funds to bring sexually exploited women and children into freedom.
The Run 4 Their Lives 4-mile run and Kids Fun Run was held on Saturday, October 8. We had 62 registered participants. The run began and ended in front of Straight Street. Even Hurricane Matthew couldn’t scare off the dedicated runners and volunteers from this event! Thank you to all you runners who came out and braved the rain and to you volunteers who didn’t mind some discomfort in order to help make this an amazing time!
We appreciate the opportunity that EquipFM recently gave us to share about the ministry of Straight Street. The interview covered so many parts of the ministry and was aired over five times in one weekend. It is always an honor to share what God is doing as well as give thanks for those who are praying, serving and giving to the ministry. Please use the link below to listen to the interview: http://equipfm.org/keith-farmer- straight-street/
If you have time, would you please send Scott at Equip FM an email thanking them for the interview? You can email him at: email@example.com. Be sure to thank them for their support and for allowing such an in-depth interview so that others can know more about the ministry at Straight Street. We are so incredibly grateful for this opportunity.
Update on the Street Ransom Shelter
We are excited about the work being done on the Straight Street addition! It was amazing watching the guys take 12,000 pounds of rock and craft a beautiful fireplace. Once this is finished, we can start hanging the drywall and install the HVAC system and carpet. This will allow the ministry to have three offices, classroom space, another small meeting room and a kitchen area to assist teen mothers and fathers with some basic cooking and life skills training. The new fireplace is almost completed. Special thanks to all those who provided the materials and labor to make this beautiful new addition to Straight Street a reality!
Ways to Pray Volunteers Needed
- Pray for more volunteers to join us in the work at Straight Street.
- Pray for God’s provision as we still need just over $100,000 to meet our budget goal for the remodeling work at the shelter.
- Pray for the overall Straight Street ministry as we serve the lost, hopeless and hurting.
- Pray for volunteers for this year’s Angel Tree®, a program of Prison Fellowship, that reaches out to the children of prisoners and their families with the love of Christ.
- Pray for the teens we reach out to at the Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Center.
- Pray for the teen mothers and fathers and their children that we are able to reach out to in our Teen MOPS program.
- Please pray for the various ministries within Straight Street and encourage people to join us in this amazing outreach.
- To learn more about and assist with TeenMOPS, please contact Dawn Haskins at: teenmops@ straightstreet.org.
- To learn about the Angel Tree® program, the girls group and mentoring needs, please contact Jeri Harris at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good health is a result of regular exercise and lifestyle. How can medicaments hels up? However, there are web-sites where you can buy medicaments smoothly. A prevalent sexual complaint among men is the erectile dysfunction. Viagra is a medicine prescribed to treat a lot of complaints. What do you know about “cheap cialis“? Did somebody tell you about “cialis pills“? A lot of websites describe it as “http://nvisionfor.com/cialis-com-review.html“. Several of the medications used to treat depression can also suppress your sex drive and make it harder to get an hard-on. There are more than 200 common drugs can cause this problem. Along with their useful effects, most medicaments, notwithstanding, have unwanted side effects although generally not everyone experiences them. Do not use such treatment without telling your physician if you are pregnant.