Many people ask us why we do not call ourselves “Straight Street Christian Youth Center”. This is something we purposed from the beginning not to do. We prefer to describe ourselves as a youth center staffed by Christians, rather than a Christian Youth Center. One of our primary goals is not only to encourage the Christian youth, but to evangelize the unsaved youth. We have found that if we attach the word “Christian” to our ministry, a number of those we are trying to reach mistake us for a church.
All those who participate in the ministry of Straight Street carry out its mission under the authority of the Holy Scriptures. All regular and volunteer staff shall adhere to the following articles of faith.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, and His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. We also uphold the holy institution of marriage between one man and one woman, rooted as it is in God’s creation of man and woman in His image and in the relationship between Christ and His Church.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.